Constitutional Carry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It passed Senate committee!
IMG_3929.PNG

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that is the position those businesses assume as well. Not responsible for any criminal activity involving guns if they post the property.
FWIW, the guy who taught my SDA class (not long after the SDA passed) was an administrator at a hospital. He said that their legal counsel had reviewed it, and found that they could be held liable for injuries if they posted "no carry" because by depriving a citizen of his ability to defend himself they assumed responsibility for the person's safety.

He said they decided to go ahead with posting despite this, because they employed professional security personnel to mitigate the risk.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, the guy who taught my SDA class (not long after the SDA passed) was an administrator at a hospital. He said that their legal counsel had reviewed it, and found that they could be held liable for injuries if they posted "no carry" because by depriving a citizen of his ability to defend himself they assumed responsibility for the person's safety.

He said they decided to go ahead with posting despite this, because they employed professional security personnel to mitigate the risk.

Hmmm.... doctor's offices seem to be the most likely place you'll see a no guns sign, but unless it's a bigger clinic or hospital, smaller offices almost never have security guards that I've seen?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That makes sense to me. I know many of the businesses that prohibit firearms, my company as well, do it because the insurance company requires it. We have gotten around it by our policy stating “without authorization”. Loosely interpreted, a concealed carry permit is authorization.

I wish the insurance companies could be held liable for the safety of building occupants if they require a company to post no firearms or have a policy against firearms in the workplace. I imagine they would quit that nonsense if the liability was transferred to them. At that point it would be the sole decision of the property owner to post or not post.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any one have an idea of a "normal" time delay if there is one for this to get on the Senate docket?
Delays usually occurs because of house or senate committee amendments. That didnt happen in either committee this time. They could hold a senate vote as early as monday. Unlikely to be tomorrow and they are adjourned on Fridays.

Latest posts

Top Bottom