Constutional carry law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any one know of a "Finished" version posted anywhere? Yes I realize this is what was proposed and passed with the previous link, but having a "discussion" with a friend and can not find something totally Finalized and put out by OSBI in their site as to the real deal. Yep, in addition I know a .22 revolver unloaded and locked in your trunk is not legal to drive into the Post Office property at 3AM and drop a letter in their drop box, but looking for the finished product of the Nov 1st OSD, (Constitutional Carry) to show him in B/W. Tks

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
osbi is still showing the 2018 version, which I find to be kind of bizarre that they haven't updated yet. I sent an email, will report if/when I get an answer.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any one know of a "Finished" version posted anywhere? Yes I realize this is what was proposed and passed with the previous link, but having a "discussion" with a friend and can not find something totally Finalized and put out by OSBI in their site as to the real deal. Yep, in addition I know a .22 revolver unloaded and locked in your trunk is not legal to drive into the Post Office property at 3AM and drop a letter in their drop box, but looking for the finished product of the Nov 1st OSD, (Constitutional Carry) to show him in B/W. Tks

That is the finished "enrolled" version.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
osbi is still showing the 2018 version, which I find to be kind of bizarre that they haven't updated yet. I sent an email, will report if/when I get an answer.
They don't want to let people know the facts, so they try and obfuscate their responsibilities under the law.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They don't want to let people know the facts, so they try and obfuscate their responsibilities under the law.

1289.13A seems to contradict 1289.7 and 1289.13.

1289.7 & 1289.13 are incredibly clear in their intent and meaning.

1289.13A seems to directly contradict both of them.

Can one of you legal scholars please explain?

edited - for clarity.

Last edited:

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1289.13 and 1289.13A seem to contradict one another.

1289.13 is incredibly clear in it's intent and meaning.

1289.13A seems to directly contradict 289.13.

Can one of you legal scholars please explain?
I will take a gander in a bit. Wife is "demanding" that we go run errands...so you know how that goes! :)

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
13A means that if you are carrying under permitless carry and commit a traffic violation that causes you to be pulled over, you will face an additional fine because you were driving like an idiot and essentially improperly transporting that firearm.

You aren’t getting fined just for having the firearm, but for being in possession of one while breaking traffic laws. So it doesn’t contradict .7 or .13, it adds to them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom