Controlled Hunts 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
13 years for me, and nothing. I even put in for cow tags. Nada! :(

I have to disagree on the Antelope meat though. Unless you head shoot it and drop it in it's tracks, it (in my opinion) is not as good as average venison. So knock it off it's hooves on the first shot! :)

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love the antelope meat though I haven't had any in 15 years. My dad has an airplane and we flew to Casper, WY and both shot a couple and I thought they were great. My brother will be at McAAP the week before rifle season Ridgehunter cause he shot a pig last year and got a quality pass. We are all going to be there the weekend before that. He gets to hunt it 2 weekends in a row. I had my chance last year and wounded a pig but could not close the deal. Saw some big bucks too but just not quite close enough.

mossytreat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to go out and get a lotto ticket. I have been putting in since 1970 and have not been drawn.

Did you get the Bull or Cow?

I got the Cow. Only my second maybe third year of putting in for Elk. If the excitement don't dwindle down soon I am going to have a heart attack at 29. It's still a long ways from December. LOL.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really have some bad luck at this, I have put in for the deer and elk at refuge for ever and still nothing. If it keeps up @ $5.00 per year I could have paid for a guided trip to Colorado! I am willing to bet if they had a draw for opossum hunting and gave 1000 draws I would be 1001 on list lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom