Converting a lower to Semi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okchief

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trying to figure out if I can save a few bucks when buying an MP5 clone. Atlantic Firearms will have the Omega barreled receivers back in stock shortly for $1445? or I can order the complete gun now for $1789?.. What does it take to convert an SEF G3 lower so I can legally use it as semi auto in the gun? Do I just need to remove the trip lever? I know I'll need to change out the ejector. And it shouldn't need clipped to fit the Omega. Do I have to prevent the selector from going all the way down, even though FA wouldn't work without the trip lever? Posted this on HK PRO earlier but, figured someone here might be able to give me an answer. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding is once a full auto, always a full auto to the BATF. I am no expert and could be wrong but that is what I was told once by someone that owned several.

okchief

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding is once a full auto, always a full auto to the BATF. I am no expert and could be wrong but that is what I was told once by someone that owned several.
The G3 SEF lowers aren't serialized parts, unless you have one that's NFA registered. The lower/trigger pack is a military surplus item you can buy and a lot of people have them converted to semi auto for their builds. The upper receiver is the serialized/transferred part of the roller lock guns. Most 91, 93 and MP5 clones are imported and because of import restrictions won't accept a factory G3 Lower. They have to be modified. Full auto parts are removed from the trigger pack of course. The pack is "clipped" to allow room for a "shelf" that has been added to the imported receiver, and the selector is usually kept from going all the way into the FA selection. You can get a lower for $59 and pay someone to convert it to Semi or do it yourself.. Or you can pay $200+ for one that's already converted to Semi. My main question is, since the gun I'm putting one in isn't imported.. Can I just remove the trip lever and call it good? I know it will fit and function. Just don't know if pinning the FA selection from keeping the selector from going all the way down is required. I think that is purely for import but not sure.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom