Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never heard of it but it sounds delicious. Korea has a lot of interesting seafood soups. Quite tasty and this sounds similar except theirs are usually spicy and have a bean paste based soup.
Update, I had the 7 mares in an Italian restaurant yesterday. Can't remember the Italian name, but the ingredients were similar except for the base. The Italian version was more of a thin milk gravy base with the seafood. Didn't come close to the Mexican version in flavor.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
208AF31C-90A3-433C-83E0-21E3F8389EC4.jpeg

appetizers are ready!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot to take a pic but tonight's dinner was leftover Salisbury Steak on a whole grain bun with the mushrooms and onions held on by a slice of melted Havarti cheese. Served with sweet potato / cauliflower tots.

SHOTGUN12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first time we ordered burritos (beef) they were good and full, but tonight, the one I picked up had more rice in it than beef.
I'm going to take the remains of it in to show the manager and see if/ or how they make it right.
If not, good enough, I'm done with 'em. It only takes one time with me.
When I pay $9 for a damn burrito, which normally will feed two people, I'm not paying that kind of money for a bunch of rice.
Maybe they were breaking in some new guy .... no excuse.
I wasn't about to make a ~20 mile round trip back to town to get things straightened out tonight, so it kind of screwed up dinner.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Better not be any rice in my burrito either. Thanks for the heads up and let us know the outcome of the meeting.
The first time we ordered burritos (beef) they were good and full, but tonight, the one I picked up had more rice in it than beef.
I'm going to take the remains of it in to show the manager and see if/ or how they make it right.
If not, good enough, I'm done with 'em. It only takes one time with me.
When I pay $9 for a damn burrito, which normally will feed two people, I'm not paying that kind of money for a bunch of rice.
Maybe they were breaking in some new guy .... no excuse.
I wasn't about to make a ~20 mile round trip back to town to get things straightened out tonight, so it kind of screwed up dinner.
r

Latest posts

Top Bottom