Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First time trying a mustard based marinade several of my friend's recommend it. My old standard was coat with olive oil then salt, pepper, garlic, and onion basting every 30 minutes for the first couple hours then every hour until done.

I use mustard on mine to act as a binder to keep all of the spices stuck to it. Just lather it on there and then sprinkle with the spices. Not really as a marinade. Works really well and you can’t even taste the mustard on the finished product. I believe it also gives it a more desirable color.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use mustard on mine to act as a binder to keep all of the spices stuck to it. Just lather it on there and then sprinkle with the spices. Not really as a marinade. Works really well and you can’t even taste the mustard on the finished product. I believe it also gives it a more desirable color.

Agreed, I've done mustard a number of times as a binder, but not as a specific marinade.

Gunanddoglover

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yep used it as a binder not a marinade. Thanks for the correction.

Gunanddoglover

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Progress
20200723_153606.jpg

And all done. Wrapped it and letting it rest while I clean up
20200723_191124.jpg

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont mind rice in a burrito but I dont find that often. Beans, meat, cheese, onions, n sour cream, thats a good burrito, lettuce and tomato are a mild bonus.

There's a place in Lawton that makes 3lb epic burritos. I always get mexican rice, black beans, refried beans, guacamole, taco beef, salsa, chorizo, bacon, pico, cheese, parsley and french fries. It's as American as a burrito can be.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The first time we ordered burritos (beef) they were good and full, but tonight, the one I picked up had more rice in it than beef.
I'm going to take the remains of it in to show the manager and see if/ or how they make it right.
If not, good enough, I'm done with 'em. It only takes one time with me.
When I pay $9 for a damn burrito, which normally will feed two people, I'm not paying that kind of money for a bunch of rice.
Maybe they were breaking in some new guy .... no excuse.
I wasn't about to make a ~20 mile round trip back to town to get things straightened out tonight, so it kind of screwed up dinner.
Yeah I would have been very disappointed with that too. There's nothing like finding something you really like and getting it again and they change it up on you. Especially a bunch of rice in a beef burrito! Yeah, I would have to speak to someone about that.

If I order a beef burrito (or chimichanga in most cases) I expect it to be about 99% beef and I damn sure don't want any rice in it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I am stepping up my smoking game, the Treager is in need of repairs and I'm just using that to justify upgrading to a better grill. I've loved my treager and I and I have ran an estimated 2000 lbs of pellets through it but its time for retirement of the treager. I'll give it to a buddy of mine who says he will repair it and then this Green Mountain Grill will be on my patio hopefully this afternoon. There is a local dealer 5 miles from me and I hope they have this model in stock. Going to look after lunch.

I have 2 roasts and some ribs to smoke this weekend.

upload_2020-7-24_12-38-20.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom