Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lazy Man’s Golumbki

Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground beef
1 1/2 c brown rice
3 cans fire roasted tomatoes
1 head cabbage
1 tbs. bacon grease
Ketchup
Salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Heat bacon grease and add ground beef to large skillet. When browned, drain most of the grease. While meat is cooking, prepare rice separately. Roughly chop cabbage into small pieces and add to pan. Allow to cook down a bit, stirring periodically. Add large spoonfuls of rice and mix together. Once you are happy with the ratio of rice to meat and cabbage, add tomatoes and mix well. Finish by adding ketchup, salt, and pepper to taste and mix again. Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and warm until it bubbles. (It took mine approximately 30 minutes to get to that point for me.)

Golumbki.jpg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lazy Man’s Golumbki

Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground beef
1 1/2 c brown rice
3 cans fire roasted tomatoes
1 head cabbage
1 tbs. bacon grease
Ketchup
Salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Heat bacon grease and add ground beef to large skillet. When browned, drain most of the grease. While meat is cooking, prepare rice separately. Roughly chop cabbage into small pieces and add to pan. Allow to cook down a bit, stirring periodically. Add large spoonfuls of rice and mix together. Once you are happy with the ratio of rice to meat and cabbage, add tomatoes and mix well. Finish by adding ketchup, salt, and pepper to taste and mix again. Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and warm until it bubbles. (It took mine approximately 30 minutes to get to that point for me.)

View attachment 191409
Man, that sounds & looks good! :thumb:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Octopus?
You grill it?
Octopus?
Seriously?
Where do you find whole octopus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Back in the day while stationed in Korea. We would snorkel the southern coast where octopus were everywhere. Had to have a stick to poke in holes to make em mad enough to leave the hole.
We would share with some villagers that cooked them a couple different ways. One was grilled whole over an open fire, and the other was like a soup where the chunk cut tentacles were cooked in their own ink. Sometimes chunks were put into a noodle soup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom