Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So last Sunday I did pork chile verde for the men's group. It turned out incredible. A little labor intensive, but dang, it was good!

20210221_191524-X2.jpg

The pork was falling apart tender, you can see the avocado and cotija cheese, and those are some homemade quick pickled onions and jalapenos in there, too. When I left, I felt like a big ol' stuffed tick. It was gooooood.... I am chasing the recipe of a local place called Frank & Lola's that has the best pork chile verde I've ever tasted - but this batch gave them a run for the money. Not the same, it is a little different, but it was incredible!

Then I just made up some street tacos a couple nights later, we usually keep some taco meat (seasoned ground beef) in the fridge for quickie stuff, as The Boy will eat a soft taco for dinner when we're having grownup food he don't like, or we decided to do Movie Night Nachos or something like that. So here are my street tacos:

20210224_190730-X2.jpg
Yum... I'm in love with the New Mexican style pork chili verde (more chili's, no tomatillos). I like the tomatillo version too, just not as much.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate chicken Breasts. No taste and dry
Thighs are the king of chicken meat. [emoji16]

So easy to overcook breasts, then they get dry. But I do agree about the thighs...
I'm not a fan either. Fried is ok. Any other way you have to marinate them and cook then sous vide to have a chance at not having them dry and tasteless. Now, stuffed and wrapped in large amounts of bacon sure would help with the dry and tasteless too, just not my heart health. :D

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a fan either. Fried is ok. Any other way you have to marinate them and cook then sous vide to have a chance at not having them dry and tasteless. Now, stuffed and wrapped in large amounts of bacon sure would help with the dry and tasteless too, just not my heart health. :D
If a breast is dry, it is overcooked. Using a temp probe is a must when I'm cooking a chicken breast.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a breast is dry, it is overcooked. Using a temp probe is a must when I'm cooking a chicken breast.
Chicken breast you eat to live, not live to eat. I live to eat.

The best cooked chicken breast vs the best cooked chicken thigh... the breast is dry and tasteless in comparison. There are things you can do to improve it, but still, it sucks compared to other parts like thighs. I'd rather spend less and have something taste better.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chicken breast you eat to live, not live to eat. I live to eat.

The best cooked chicken breast vs the best cooked chicken thigh... the breast is dry and tasteless in comparison. There are things you can do to improve it, but still, it sucks compared to other parts like thighs. I'd rather spend less and have something taste better.
I agree. Never said otherwise but I can smoke a bird and I guarantee the breast will be moist if eaten hot and fresh off the bone. I use salt to enhance it and maybe louisiana hot sauce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom