Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smoked Summer sausage without a smoker. This turned out surprisingly well using this recipe.

i.imgur.com_r8P4zL1.jpg

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if we're going to talk dessert....

Chocolate Mousse Imperiale

• 8 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped [I highly recommend bittersweet; the white chocolate is sweet enough that you need the contrast]
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
  • 9 tablespoons raspberry liqueur [I use Chambord]
  • 1 cup plus 8 tablespoons chilled whipping cream
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 cups fresh raspberries
  • 2 ounces good-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt or Baker’s), chopped
Stir bittersweet chocolate and butter in large metal bowl set over saucepan of simmering water until smooth. Remove from over water. Stir in 6 tablespoons liqueur. Cool to room temperature, whisking occasionally, about 30 minutes.

Beat 1 cup cream with 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl to soft peaks. Fold into chocolate mixture. Toss 2 cups berries with remaining 3 tablespoons liqueur in small bowl. Divide berry mixture among 6 wineglasses. Spoon mousse over. Arrange remaining 1 cup berries around edge of mousse in glasses. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.

Stir white chocolate and 2 tablespoons cream in medium metal bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from over water. Cool chocolate to room temperature.

Beat remaining 6 tablespoons cream in another medium bowl to soft peaks. Fold cream into white chocolate mixture. Refrigerate mixture until firm, about 1 hour. Pipe or dollop the white chocolate cream atop center of each mousse. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Zap's coleslaw:

Easy and you look like a hero. Goes really well with smoked pork.

1 package shredded cabbage
1 package shredded purple cabbage
half bottle Kraft coleslaw dressing
at least half bottle of blue cheese dressing (feel free to buy good stuff here)
salt
cracked black pepper
minced garlic
ground cayenne pepper

Mix in a bowl, throw in the fridge. Drink a beer or bourbon. The mix will "shrink" over time and the flavors will meld.

I basically combined what I believe Oklahoma Joe's coleslaw recipe has and an Alton Brown recipe. It's flat GOOD!

Be advised, the longer it sits, the longer the cayenne comes through. I like spicy, so that's ok. YMMV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom