Cool tools you have used.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Track hoe was real fun, crane with a wrecking ball was awesome. Got to destroy a bridge on i40 over Harrison in Shawnee. About the most fun I’ve had with my pants on.

Trackhoe was an experience. It was a small 1cf model trying to fix my parents pool lines in one weekend. But the coolest I've ever used might be what my grandpa called a terragator. It was a 35ft long 6x6 1500 gallon spray truck thing that would do 60mph down the road, 30mph in the field. Spraying cotton was a blast.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When moving forms with the track hoe. Had the bright idea to make a ride. Raise the bucket, with the chain still connected, hook the chain to itself and stand on it, then start spinning. No idea how we lived through that.

this building, 4881 N Harrison St, Shawnee, OK 74804, used to be owned by some owner of a car dealership in Shawnee. It was completely full of his personal classic cars 25 years ago, it was awesome. Had to go in there a few times.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When moving forms with the track hoe. Had the bright idea to make a ride. Raise the bucket, with the chain still connected, hook the chain to itself and stand on it, then start spinning. No idea how we lived through that.

this building, 4881 N Harrison St, Shawnee, OK 74804, used to be owned by some owner of a car dealership in Shawnee. It was completely full of his personal classic cars 25 years ago, it was awesome. Had to go in there a few times.

I have no idea if you meant to post the second part of that but, I believe you are talking about the place that was owned by Bob Townsend. He was a Ford dealer in Shawnee for decades.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I first learned about Chapman Screwdriver Sets, while serving in the U.S. Army -- Excellent offset ratcheting screwdriver set !!!!!

https://chapmanmfg.com

The All Purpose 1316 is a great kit:

https://chapmanmfg.com/products/1316-all-purpose-set?_pos=1&_sid=4eada4e76&_ss=r

From the Chapman Website:
The US Government Must-Have List of Chapman Military Tools

The US Military has been buying Chapman tools since WWII. We are even fortunate to have a copy of a Purchase Order from the Nautilus Submarine in 1953! The set they purchased for the Nautilus is a set we still make today- and continues to be purchased regularly by the...

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a set of Chapman almost as long as I can remember... probably like 30-40 years. I don't remember what I paid for them, but I don't think it was anything close to what they cost now. I don't work on guns a lot, but they've been VERY useful several times. I will tell you, they will break but the manual said something like "we could make an unbreakable screwdriver, but you couldn't afford it." LOL!

I think this is the closest current product to the one I have. All but one or two of the bits in mine are like new, I think I broke the corner off one of the smaller ones on an extremely tight screw. I can't remember ever scratching a gun with one. They're really good for any firearm work at all.

https://chapmanmfg.com/products/9600-starter-slotted-bit-set

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay ever better than dykes are flush cuts. These things will cut a zip tie so there is no sharp edge sticking out to impale you or put a cut all the way down your arm.
51pDOxjInjL._AC_SX679_.jpg

You must use these to work in our areas...

Latest posts

Top Bottom