Coolest AK variant EVER( at least in my opinion)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice! I passed one up about two years ago for $2900, and bought a SOCOM-16 instead (and lots of ammo with the money I had left over). You are right, though, that is the best AK variant ever made. Congrats on landing one!

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grats! I was always torn between HK and Galil, and succumbed to the HK disease for a long time. What mags do they run?

Thx MM and CBob. They use their own mags that are not interchangable with other rifles. The most common are the 35 rounders for the 556 cal rifles. There are 50 round mags for the 556 cal rifles too. They have adaptors for the 556 rifles that allow them to use AR15 mags.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mike, it didn't occur to me when I posted, but the Galil I passed on (for $2900) was chambered in 7.62 x 51mm. Those are quite rare (well, it's not like any Galil is common in this country). Anyway, congrats again on your purchase--it's one of the finest 5.56mm guns ever made.

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was always partial to the Valmet's, just not their price.

A M62 Valmet is one of my dream rifles!! My friend has a M72 and its a sweet rifle. The gentleman I bought the Galil off had a M72 with the tube folder stock at one time. That is a cool rifle. Valmet mags are hard to find though.

If I remember right the first Galil rifles were patterned around the Valmet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom