Could Heartland Outdoors by the new range in Edmond?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirCharlie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped by Heartlad Outdoors this afternoon. It looks like they have nice people working there and willing to help you with anything. They gave me a free camo drink coozie. They said they are getting deliveries in every day via Fed-Ex and UPS, and trying to get their stock in as soon as possible. Looks like they had about different 20 handguns in stock. They have some awesome moose and deer on the wall, and an excellant stock of really nice Safes. Some look nice enough to be a piece of furniture.

I asked about the gun range, and she said it will open on October 15th, and will be really nice, climate controlled, (25 yards I believe). She said that they have not set a membership price yet.

My brother and I talked about opening a Store and Gun Range like this, but seems as though we were beat to the punch. I had a bunch of good ideas that we were going to implement. I was going to advertise heavy regarding what I was going to call the "DAY ONE" membership. "DAY ONE" members were to be special members with a special card and special privilages that others would have to pay for. In order to become a "DAY ONE" member, you must purchase it prior to DAY ONE opening of the gun range, because it would not be offered after that. That would have helped build up a quick membership base with good benefits for those that purchased that one time offered membership.
Oh well, I was too late.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live right behind it and have been in a couple of times.

This last Saturday they said the construction guys told them the range would be ready Oct 15th but they are really expecting it around the end of the Oct. You know how construction can go some times. Take the date given and add 2 weeks.

I was also told they expect the range fees to be around $8.00 an hour. Seems reasonable to me and I hope to do a lot of shooting there. Now if I could get them to stay open 24 hours. I work nights and sleep during the day.

I do hope they carry some reasonably priced reloading gear and components.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I do hope they carry some reasonably priced reloading gear and components.[/QUOTE]

i've talked to the guy at the gun counter a couple of times about reloading.he said they should have a display out in the near future.

its a nice place,some high end stuff.some things i would like to be there-waterfowl calls and decoys,some gear for dogs and a bigger selection of "average joe" handguns.you know,guns you can walk in and say "i like that one" and take it home.not ones you have to save for weeks for.

overall,i'm glad they are there.i'll be there plenty.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You meant $8 a day didn't you, not by the hour? Isn't H & H $10 a day?

The guy I talked to said $8 an hour, and I have never gone to H&H so I could not tell you. Their web site says $9.50 for range time but does not say how long that is.

I have not used an indoor range in 25 years and I am really looking forward to it.

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im really looking forward to this as well. Ive only shot at an indoor range once and they let me shoot for free since I was active military then. Ive tryed to go to H&H but both times I went, it was packed. So I dont ever hang around, I have plenty of outdoor places to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom