• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Cowboy Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you wanting to do with it and whats your budget?

You can spend from $300 up to $2500 for a single revolver in the 1873 style. less if you want the look but don't mind black powder or cap and ball.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
They used the a thicker heavier frame like on their blackhawks. They can take higher pressure loads. There are some ammo manufacturers that have some of their loads marked "ruger only."
Probably also need to be aware of the "flat top" Blackhawks - the .45LC/.45ACP convertibles, for instance - that are made on the smaller frame. They'll take full power .45 Colt (as opposed to "Cowboy" loads) and do fine with .45 ACP +P but really aren't quite up to the magnum class ammo. But they do feel great in the hand - and I've got a Redhawk if I need to shoot the hot stuff. :)

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably also need to be aware of the "flat top" Blackhawks - the .45LC/.45ACP convertibles, for instance - that are made on the smaller frame. They'll take full power .45 Colt (as opposed to "Cowboy" loads) and do fine with .45 ACP +P but really aren't quite up to the magnum class ammo. But they do feel great in the hand - and I've got a Redhawk if I need to shoot the hot stuff. :)
Ohh yes, i love their stainless run of convertible blackhawks, I prefer the 9mm/357 myself

Latest posts

Top Bottom