Cox Cable..NFL football package???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

Oohhh Weeee...I'm ready for some NFL football!!! Would like to see a few teams on Cox Cable..Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, Tampa Bay and Arizona Cardinals.

So, here is my situation: 1st. I can't have a dish..El Patrona states we're knee deep
in HD Cox cable boxes and she doesn't want me to f@#k anything up by changing!
No dishes of any kind....period.

2nd. I just got off the phone with Cox...salesperson...sweet lady...out of Tulsa didn't
know much on NFL packages or if they...Cox..offered it.
She told me about the Red Zone...comes on when teams ..are in the red zone.
ESPN...everything...MBA,NHL,MLB,college football....couldn't find ANY..NFL???

So; Do you have Cox cable?? Do you know of JUST a NFL package for Cox??
If so, what is it called so I can explain what I want and order it.

Thanks!!!

Are you ready for some football??......NFL of course!!!

Cohiba

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed last season that the nfl network package (which includes the NFL Network channel and then some random additional channels to give the package more "substance") plays games every once in awhile that arent broadcast on the normal channels.

I wanted to watch one of the games on there so bad I had ordered it for like a week and cancelled it. (the charge was prorated). I believe the package is $7 per month

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cox doesn't have dammit.

I got Red Zone near the end of the season...and it was seizure inducing. Sure you get to see a lot of touchdowns but you never really get 'into' the game.

BadBadJohn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Directv has the NFL Sunday Ticket. They have that red zone thing. IIRC, its the red button on the directv remote, during the game or whatever, you can hit that button and get updated scores of all the games and see highlights of those games. I used to have Sunday Ticket, but it costs like $275 for the whole season. Directv will let you pay it in installments over 4 months (at least that was the deal I got 4 years ago).

I wish I they had a deal where you could pick one or two teams you follow... as in your case, Dallas, Houston, Arizona and TB, and sell a less expensive package. I mean, I don't want to watch EVERY game. I'm a Packer fan and GB is the only team I want to watch.

My brother lives in Sapupla and has Cox.... it drives him crazy during football season. There has been a few times he drives 100 miles to my house to watch a game because Directv has it and Cox doesn't. FWIW....... :cool:

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As stated above, only Direct TV has the NFL package. Direct TV is in the Sam's stores every weekend recently with a hell of a package for new subscribers.

I've had a Dish Network satellite for over 8 years now, and I'm thinking of switching to Direct TV because of that promotion.

Tell your wife it's only an 18 inch dish....after it's up she won't even notice it.....

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Direct TV hooks up all the boxes and sets up everything for you, so technically it shouldn't be a big deal. I am just not a fan of renting their equipment and all the little extras you end up paying a lot more than advertised. I think sunday ticket costs around $300-$400/ year after you get it for free as a new subscriber.

Latest posts

Top Bottom