Coyote hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy and I went coyote hunting today. Last trip it was his first shot when a predator appeared. This trip it was my turn.
10 minutes into the first sit, a coyote came out at 100 yards. Then he trotted out to 75 yds in the crosshairs and stopped sideways.
55 grain .223 dropped him in his tracks.
Made 4 more sits and saw nothing.

IMG_2111.jpg

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a wonded rabit player. It works
We only ever did that at night though. Pay it a while then hit all the flood lights that were set up and see glowing eyeballs all around and 4 guys shooting lol

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What’s the regulations on those. I have a relative who has some on her land that either needs to move on or be eradicated.

License required?
Hours?
Weapon?
Ammunition?
Mag restrictions?
Safety equipment?
Tagging?

I’ve never been a hunter, and quit killing critters years ago, but I’d like to help her out. She’s lost one dog and worried about her others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What’s the regulations on those. I have a relative who has some on her land that either needs to move on or be eradicated.

License required? nope
Hours? Nope, but call the game ranger if your gonna do it after dark and notify.
Weapon? anything
Ammunition? lead
Mag restrictions? nope
Safety equipment? nope
Tagging? nope

I’ve never been a hunter, and quit killing critters years ago, but I’d like to help her out. She’s lost one dog and worried about her others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

License required?
Hours?
Weapon?
Ammunition?
Mag restrictions?
Safety equipment?
Tagging?

Yes, license required. If predator hunting during deer seasons, you must have the appropriate deer tag for that season in possession.
Daylight to dark unless you have a permit from a GW for night hunting
Any weapon is legal
Any ammo is legal
No mag restrictions. I had one of the evil 30 rounders inserted.
Eye and ear protection even though I had a can on. The muffs were for rude buddy's .204 Ruger AR that has a muzzle brake.
No tagging required.
I think all of that is correct ^^^
We used a Foxpro X series with the big speakers and a motorized decoy that flips two decoys around like wounded critters. Coyotes will almost always try to circle downwind to get a smell of what has their attention so you have to have big volume to get the sound to travel against the wind.
Not saying you can't use a common mouth call. I've called in many predators with a $20 mouth call.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

License required?
Hours?
Weapon?
Ammunition?
Mag restrictions?
Safety equipment?
Tagging?

Hunting license.
30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset.
Caliber, mag, weapon, safety equipment (orange) and tagging don't matter.
No limits on them, year round.

Latest posts

Top Bottom