Cringe worthy Moment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the movie Monuments Men

At least to me, was when they were training with their weapons. One of the team is shooting a revolver and he slams the cylinder into the frame by flicking his wrist.

This is extremely hard on the gun, yet it is still seen in many movies, I suppose because it looks professional, but only to those who don't know guns.

Admittedly minor, but I still cringed when he did it.

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to quit watching NCIS New Orleans. Every time something happened and they were leaving the office, Pride would have to go to the filing cabinet to get his pistol. I guess he needs a more comfortable holster.
It just drives me crazy like waiting to chamber a round until you’re being shot at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or when a Glock is cocked.
Lol, yeah. Also annoys me when the hero blinks every time he/she fires.

You'd think somewhere in Hollywood there'd be a firearms expert for hire.

Lethal weapon is one of my favorite all-time movie series, but I always cringe when Riggs holds up a FMJ and says, "I even got a ******* hollow point to do the job right!"

Lol, idiots. :drunk2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It just drives me crazy like waiting to chamber a round until you’re being shot at.

That drives me crazy!! We have a weekly eat and sometimes shoot in Ponca with one token dimocrat on Tuesdays.
The discussion came up two days ago about how you carry your gun. One in the chamber or not.
I was the only one that said locked and loaded. I argued my case and argued why they leave them in the glove box or center console when your greatest time of danger is leaving or coming back to your vehicle.
The only comment was they didn't want to shoot themself in the foot if they carried them and had to draw from the waistband or pocket.
I've got a lot of training to do.
Yeah, 4 of 7 are veterans.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That drives me crazy!! We have a weekly eat and sometimes shoot in Ponca with one token dimocrat on Tuesdays.
The discussion came up two days ago about how you carry your gun. One in the chamber or not.
I was the only one that said locked and loaded. I argued my case and argued why they leave them in the glove box or center console when your greatest time of danger is leaving or coming back to your vehicle.
The only comment was they didn't want to shoot themself in the foot if they carried them and had to draw from the waistband or pocket.
I've got a lot of training to do.
Yeah, 4 of 7 are veterans.

o.0

Yeah, lots of training and education I see in your future if they permit the cloudiness of their minds to be expunged.

Latest posts

Top Bottom