CRKT knives...any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vikhiri root

New to the site!
Reaction score
I’m intrigued by this knife and I’d love to have one.
I can’t see where it’s made, but I bet its imported.. which I don’t care for
What are your opinions?

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple CRKT knives and for the money they perform quite well. I carry 2 with me whenever I travel internationally rather than carrying expensive custom knives. Rather surrender one of those than an expensive custom.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used CRKT knives for years as edc while working. I am hard on a knife so I may use it in ways I shouldn't. I have had multiple M-16 variants. My favorite is their smallest lightest one CRKT M16-01Z EDC. It is a very light and inexpensive knife around 30 bucks. I have dropped them in the lake, broke the points off and sharpened it flat so I had a screw driver tip and numerous other things I would never do with my Emerson knives. I think CRKT is as good as any in their price point apples to apples. You can get them sharp enough and they will hold an edge as expect for the price. They also have a good selection if you find a knife you like they will have different flavors of blade and handle types normally. Years ago I tried some different brands just looking for a knife like I mentioned that I could beat up and not be worried if I lost it. CRKT fits that bill for me.

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been using a crkt M-16 style knife as my edc now for a year. I love it, I’m hard on knifes and also usually buy budget friendly ones. Crkt and kershaw have been my go to for the last few years. After seeing the one you posted I’ll probably buy one of those also for myself. I really like the spine design and also the sheath. I have been thinking about a straight blade knife for EDC and that looks perfect for me.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CRKT is decent enough for their main price point. They're usually better than the cheap junk you'll find at Harbor Freight or at the convenience store, but, for the most part, you're not going to confuse them with Spyderco or Zero Tolerance--but you're also not going to be in the same price range, either. I had one of their original M16 knives back when they started (and I still have a couple of their KISS "half-knives"), and it was an exceptionally good knife for the money, but I've also had CRKT knives that you'd be hard-pressed to tell from junk shop specials.

FWIW, for about the same money, Kershaw makes a more uniformly better knife, IMHO. They just seem to have better quality control.

Latest posts

Top Bottom