Crossbreed Holsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRulingFool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking for a concealed carry holster for an H&K USP .40. I happened upon the website for Crossbreed Holsters, and I've seen them mentioned on the forums. How are they? Are they comfortable? Do they conceal well? Do they draw well? Do they retain well? What, exactly, is the combat cut, and how much does it affect the characteristics of the holster?

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes to all

The combat cut is where they cut out a portion just behind the grip so that there is nothing between you and the grip, makes for easier withdrawl.

I have 2 Crossbreeds...one for a J Frame and one for a 1911...i absolutely love them, they are the most comfortable IWB holster i've ever used.

okienate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also have 2 crossbreeds. 1 for my Glock 21 and 30 (they both fit) and 1 for my H&K P7. They are incredibly comfortable, provide a very secure way to keep your gun with you and provide for single-handed re-holstering after drawing (many of the 100% leather counterparts CLAIM that the little piece of spring steel in the mouth of the holster keeps it open for you, but I've had them collapse on me through normal wear)

Really like both of the crossbreeds I have very well.:thumbup3:

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a full-size, all-steel CZ-75 clone (EAA WITNESS) in a crossbreed. It is a big, heavy gun, but it is so comfortable in the crosbreed supertuck that I have actually forgotten I was wearing it at home.
I carry right at the 3 O'clock position and it is very comfortable even when sitting, or driving in the car. Is very customizable for cant and height. It is also a very stable platform that spreads the weight of the gun over a large area...hence the comfort factor.

It may not be pretty, but it works. I can't recommend it enough.

One thing though, don't let the first few times you wear it form your opinion. They give you a two-week, no questions asked return policy. It took about 5 days of wearing mine to REALLY become comfortable. Im sure most good holsters are like that though.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i own one myself, and was carrying it with an xd-9 service when I purchased that XDM-40 from you. Did you notice it? they conceal very well. I wear mine at work and my employees only realize I am carrying when I show them....usually because they are asking what I carry. Very comfortable, tucks well, and easy on the wallet.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a lot of internet research on holsters before I bought one for my SIG. I was wanting an IWB that was tuckable. I really didn't find any negatives about the Crossbreed. I bought a supertuck and it's great. Highly recommended, overall, with a +1 on the ability to change height and cant.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own one for each of my handguns, and now have a drawer full of holsters that get no use. Anymore, if I get something new, I just order a Crossbreed that day. I can carry full size steel frame pistols all day; very comfy, and concealable (even in "dress" attire). NOBODY has ever noticed, and I've been in a roomfull of OSA members more than once.

As already answered, the "combat" cut removes some of the backing between you and the grip. Personally, I like a little something between thumb safeties and my kidneys (especially in hot weather), but YMMV. If you don't like it, they will take it back, no questions.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 to everyone else comments. I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said, I just wanted to add another positive vote for it.

Also my two cents is that I'd ignore getting the combat cut. If you REALLY wanted the combat cut after using it a while, you could always cut it down yourself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom