Curious About The Swedish Mauser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An M94 for $800-1000 would be in my safe for sure...if all numbers matched and it was in decent shape. Sadly I passed on an unissued M96 at Samco in 2005, it was $350. I didn't have the money so I had to pass. :(

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a GEW-98 action that is looking for a new barrel, and I've long wanted a rifle in 6.5 x 55, so I think I'll go that route. A '98 action rebarrelled to 6.5 x 55 Swedish sounds like a great rifle to me. I need to start saving my pennies....

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a GEW-98 action that is looking for a new barrel, and I've long wanted a rifle in 6.5 x 55, so I think I'll go that route. A '98 action rebarrelled to 6.5 x 55 Swedish sounds like a great rifle to me. I need to start saving my pennies....

The Swedes got hold of some K98s after The War...rebarreled them to 6.5x55, keeping the same outer dimensions and stock of the original K98...oh what I wouldn't give for one of those!

Check out Larry Williams in eastern Ok, he's a good gunsmith, and has a ton of experience building Mausers - lots of them in 6.5.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a '96 locally today, matching except for floor plate, with a little bit rough looking bore. $395. After I left, I regretted not looking more closely. I'm thinking now that it was a 96-38. Since I quit collecting, I don['t pay as much attention as I used to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom