Current Favorite "Pocket" Gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a pm9 and a j frame with a sweet KyTac appendix carry for each. Both work great with just a t shirt. I'm pretty skinny though you you guys with a belly might not like appendix carry. As bad a rap as it gets, the Smartcarry serves it purpose well for deep concealment.

Yep, got me a bit of a belly and AIWB just doesn't work for me. I think I am wanting a PM9 pretty bad though. Does it work in the pocket for you okay? My Scandium 340 is great for carry...but I am liking the PM9 side a bit more every day. Be interested to hear what you have to say about that PM9 vs the 340...

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When concealment really counts, and you are not in a position to wear a loose untucked shirt or jacket, what do you like for a carry gun? How do you like to carry it?

I am old school maybe, but a J-Frame in a pocket holster usually gets the nod...

For me, I got a problem with stickin' a firearm down my drawers in "thunderwear" and such...but am thinking about a nice little flat semi-auto pistola as maybe my next buy.

That's what I'm going for. I currently use a Taurus 85, but it's heavy and the hammer is exposed. My next purchase is going to be a 642.

spazzwarr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry my Taurus TCP in an Uncle George Wallet holster. Works great either in my back hip pocket or in my front pocket. I wear it with slacks, cargo pants and jeans. It does the job. I also carry my Kahr PM9 in a Trace Tarco leather pocket or wallet holster. You can find them on ebay. It is an excellent holster for pocket carry. Great price $17.95 + $7 shipping. Made out of good sturdy stiff leather. I recommend both.

jmwilliamson

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently got a Magnum Research Micro Desert Eagle chambered in .380. It feels like it's made more solidly than most other pocket guns, and I had no problems out of the box.

Slamfire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've really got to like my little Ruger LCP.
Now that it's getting warmer and I won't be wearing a jacket as much I suspect I'll be carrying the little LCP more and the LCR less.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The M&P340 was my favorite pocket gun, but ill just stick with a M&P9c at my 3oclock. If i cant carry what i need..i wont go.
My MTAC is tuckable and does so nicely...so im sure ill be covered no matter the "what if".
I'm considering the new Cm9...looks like a winner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom