Custom holster by me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! You should start selling a few.......

I do a few. Seems like custom leather work is in very high demand. Honestly, I could stay busy all day with orders. I just don't want to commit that hard. My wife stays very busy with it especially in the few months leading to Christmas.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is excellent!!

That thick leather like that is perfect to punch rounds out of that are .010" or so larger than bore size.
I make overpowder wads for my muzzle loaders shooting patched round balls and home cast bullets.
Greatly improves accuracy.
I bet you have scrap pieces that would work for that if you shoot muzzle loader.
I've got bags n bags of scrap ranging in thickness from 1/16" to probably 1/2". I try to use scraps up on small projects but we make way more scrap than we do small projects. Especially since the scrap is usually stretchy belly. Like when we cut a hide into strap products we end up with probably 20 knife scabbards worth of scrap. We donate scrap to our church for kids crafts n such but we've got plenty more.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I have built a side business. She builds tons of purses, bags, wallets and belts. I build mainly good using tack, some chaps and a few holsters. She stays booked solid but I don't wanna live in the leather shop. I kinda work out here when the mood hits me. Anyhow by request here's a project I just finished for a buddies brother in law. All feedback is appreciated positive or negative.
Lol, that's incredibly nice work. Ya do realize that a little humility is just arrogance in disguise, right? :D

Color me impressed. :drunk2:

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am impressed. I really like good leather, wish I had the talent to do that kind of work.
Well, as far as patterns and imagination I seem to do okay. But, the "tooling" is my wife's cup o tea. So many fine lines and layout to keep the stamp line straight. Some folks that don't know think there is a machine that we have that makes the basketweave (in this case) pattern. That's not the case at all. Each little rectangle you see in the pattern is done with a stamp and maul. She free hands some floral designs that are pretty awesome. She definitely has a "feel" for it. I'd have it carved up like you drug a cheese grater crossed it.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, that's incredibly nice work. Ya do realize that a little humility is just arrogance in disguise, right? :D

Color me impressed. :drunk2:

I don't know how to take this? Lol. I'm either humble, arrogant or wearing a disguise? I sure hope I don't seem arrogant. Now I feel humiliated. Where's my disguise? Who? Cowcatcher? He's over there I think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom