Custom SKS stock extention w/ recoil pad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here it is. A custom fabricated SKS recoil pad and stock extension. This is made from a piece of steel plate and a piece of black gas pipe welded together . I ground the plate to match the recoil pad from a Mossberg 500 and removed the trap door from the original butt plate. The pipe is still threaded on the end and screws right into the cavity for the cleaning kit. For the purists this is NOT the original stock. The # matching stock is tucked away and safe.

i.imgur.com_MiYI0yJ.jpg

i.imgur.com_XJ8zrmB.jpg

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In theory it is completely adjustable as it just screws into the cavity in the stock. In reality I'm not sure until I test it. If it travels I'll end up drilling through the stock and pipe and pinning it with a Chicago screw. I'll also be trimming and painting the screws holding the recoil pad on.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got to the range and it worked better than I could have imagined. After 110 rounds the extension did not move at all and the felt recoil was almost non-existant. And best part is it only cost me a total of $5 for the piece of gas pipe. Everything else was free.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So since this one already had the bayonet lug permanently removed and the dust cover does not # match, I decided the take things a bit further. After swapping enough parts to get out of 922 hell, I had some fun. Added the muzzle brake. Added a dust cover with scope mount. A shell deflector and a basic 4x scope. And everything can still be undone to take it back to 100% original.

I also have a few 20 and 30 round steel magazines (duck bill style). And 1 50 round steel magazine just for grins.

i.imgur.com_c467RBJ.jpg

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are the 922 parts you've swapped? I'd like to have the option of using my original magazine sometimes, but would need to swap 2 additional parts in order to do so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom