Cutting a Notch in a Pistol Rail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warning! Danger Will Robinson!

I know this sounds like a recipe for disaster, but I have a Glock 35 G4 that I have a small light on, but the single rail slot on the frame is too far forward. There seems to be ample room for an additional notch back where I need it, but I don't want to hack it all up.

Has anyone done this before, or heard of it being done. I don't mind going to a gunsmith if he has the world's tiniest router. . .

Thoughts?

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chances are, the light, or the "key" or bar, is made for a different rail system. Get the right light, or adapter, and it will work without hacking the frame.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a light that works

Exactly, if you look at a TLR-3 for example, there are two models, one for HK's, one for everything else. Thats not to say all the others have the same rail, but that one has the bar for the other rail styles. Put the one on for your style, and it will put the light where it needs to be.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. In looking more closely at the Glock, adding a notch would not be an option because of where the serial number is located.

The light is an Insight X2 LED, which is my favorite because of its size and output. It doesn't have an adapter or the ability to move the bar (key?).

I guess I need to find a light better suited to the Glock. Suggestions?

Latest posts

Top Bottom