CZ 82/83 everyone needs at least one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
especially when they came out, they were the best value in surplus hand guns. Still cdisales (cole distributing) on gunbroker has some nice specimens for 179-229 range. They have the 83 which is the .380 version. Anyhoo, in that range it only makes sense to have a double stack shooter in .380. Well built cz quality, makes a nice ccw, on the heavier side compared to an lcp or kt, but also a 13rd capacity. just my .02.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had several CZ82's when they were $180 or so for one in excellent condition. They're fun to shoot, and I used one to qualify for my CCL. I sold them only to consolidate to as few calibers as possible.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I haven't shot the 82 I picked up a few weeks ago, but I have hammered quite a few with the 83. I would imagine the fire the same. Check them out, the $179 are good shooter grade guns, the 169's are rough, the $200 dollar guns are really nice looking. Cheap for a quality piece. Now if I only reloaded for .380, lol. Heck what am I thinking, 9mm is almost too small for fingers and old eyes.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago when makarov.com was still in business they managed to have several hundred "82s manufactured. They were about $400, and I foolishly failed to order one until they were all gone.

Incidentally, the makarov.com site is still up and has tons of info about all things 9x18.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a ton of research on both and I like the cz better and that's what I'm going to buy next.

Some of the small things I have seen is the cz does not have a decocker but its mag release is better. And the mak does have a decocker but the mag release isn't as nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom