Cz 82

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duck L'Orange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is it about these that makes them C&R firearms? I've seen some of these that were made post Soviet collapse in like '93, which seems a bit recent to consider them at all historically significant.

Still, I really liked mine when I had it. One of the most accurate pistols I've ever fired, and a really nice fit for my size hands.

warmep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Firearm curios or relics include firearms which have special value to collectors because they possess some qualities not ordinarily associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

1. Have been manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof; or
2. Be certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; or
3. Derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or from the fact of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.

My guess is 3, associated with the cold war era?

ETA: I love my CZ 82 as well, and carry it IWB when it's cooler out.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe it's because they were made in Czechoslovakia which is no more, now the Czech Republic. I love mine too, along with the 75's are the only pistols I take to the range anymore.

Duck L'Orange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of these replies make sense. I still think it's a little weird, considering I've heard some of them are still in service in the Czech Republic, and the oldest of them are a tad shy over 30 years old.

Still, excellent guns. I hope I can pick one up in good condition next time I have some extra cash, as I heard they're getting harder to find as years go by. Luckily, there's not much to replace on them except the main recoil spring from what I understand, as those barrels are supposed to be tough as nails with both the polygonal rifling and chrome lining.

warmep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was on Wikipedia today and saw the answer to this question:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ_82

The vz. 82 was added to the US government's "Curio and Relic" list with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) in February 2007, after an individual wrote a letter to the ATF attaching a letter from a federal museum curator who stated that the vz. 82 had "museum interest" as a curio and relic.[1]

So it was reason #2 after all. Cool beans

sixlimericks

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was on Wikipedia today and saw the answer to this question:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ_82

The vz. 82 was added to the US government's "Curio and Relic" list with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) in February 2007, after an individual wrote a letter to the ATF attaching a letter from a federal museum curator who stated that the vz. 82 had "museum interest" as a curio and relic.[1]

So it was reason #2 after all. Cool beans

anyone good friends with a museum curator? I can think of a few more that I'd like to see get added to the C&R list....

Latest posts

Top Bottom