Czech Vz 52 Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked one of these up, and it's currently in pieces soaking in diesel to kill the excessive cosmo. So who has experience with them? I've wanted one, and was (and still am) hoping to run across a 52/57 in 7.62x39. This one is the original 7.62x45. So far seems like a cool old cold-war relic. Any tips or things to watch out for?

soup

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A very robust rifle. Only problem I had with the two I owned was with the ammo. A lot of FTF. There is three variations of ammo,
brass case with nickle plated bullet, green laqure steel case copper plated steel bullet. The green ammo has two different style primer crimps
and one is better that the other but I don't remember which. The brass case stuff usually came on stripper clips. There are chamber adapters
so you can shoot 7.62x39 but is not advise as the can come out during extraction. Here is a link to some ammo. I never ordered from them but kept them
in mind if I ever need some.http://www.thedealershowroom.com/catalog/item/1275214/2514775.htm
Hope this helped out a little.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better be watching out for ammo.

Went to the Grand National show in Tulsa today, and snagged 16 boxes for 26¢ a round from a guy who had no idea what he had. Had it marked $5 a box, and said it was 7.62x39. I knew what it was as soon as I saw it, and he said he'd take $4 a box if I bought it all. Sold. Interesting thing is I believe it is ancient commercial stuff on stripper clips (steel case, lacquer coated) - but many of the boxes are fabricated from old Busch beer and Diet Coke boxes.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the Grand National show in Tulsa today, and snagged 16 boxes for 26¢ a round from a guy who had no idea what he had. Had it marked $5 a box, and said it was 7.62x39. I knew what it was as soon as I saw it, and he said he'd take $4 a box if I bought it all. Sold. Interesting thing is I believe it is ancient commercial stuff on stripper clips (steel case, lacquer coated) - but many of the boxes are fabricated from old Busch beer and Diet Coke boxes.

Whats the head stamp? Never heard of steel case lacquer coated 7.62x45. Is it bxn or she?

GNRNR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're fun little rifles but you really have to ration the ammo.
I bought mine at gunshow around 2008. I got really lucky right off the bat, came down the next isle rifle in hand and got flagged down by a guy that was selling a spare mag and a partial crate of ammo.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked one of these up myself and was told it is 7.62x39. Anyway of telling by the stamps on the gun? There's none on it except the "she" 007x56.

Likely x45; if it's a factory 7.62x39, it will have "Vz 52/57" on the right side of the receiver, and there will be a large pin through the receiver, in the area below the rear sight. Now, there was an adapter made that could be bonded into the chamber of the x45 rifles to convert them to x39, but they had a reputation of eventually being ejected with spent cases, so while they may work, they aren't ideal. Just my understanding, though. If it's a "007 56", it's most likely a Vz 52 in 7.62x45, possibly converted with the chamber adapter. Is yours the one that's been on armslist? That one looked pretty nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom