Damn Rain!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy cow it sure was. But that is a lasting memory!

It paid off during the last run and gun....he got two hits on the 500 yard target with a homebuilt 16.5" barreled AR, an unmagnified optic, and generic ball ammo. He DQ'd on time but it was still a thrill to see those two hits.

:woot: Good for HIM!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just spent three days in the rain/hard drizzle/fog on a controlled hunt. Can't get much worse for conditions.
It was miserable at times, but still it was fun. I don't know if anybody understands the reasoning behind my feelings, but it is what it is. I loved it/hated it.

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if anybody understands the reasoning behind my feelings, but it is what it is. I loved it/hated it.

I have always enjoyed my outdoor hobbies a little more in incliment weather. Not sure why. Adds to the adventure a little maybe? Range time is no exception, if they'll let you out. USSA usually won't :(

hoo-t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent most of the day on the range. Cleaning up the mess left by the wind and rain. :( Two trash cans blew over, and the roof over the benches was about to blow completely away! Most of my time was spent repairing that roof! I did get to fire 6 rounds out of my new/old Colt New Service revolver though! We had just a few customers brave the rain (and the shaky roof).

Steve

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Day off work, kids in school, range bag packed aaaannnnd, it's pouring rain.

I know we need it but darn it.

I lived in Ketchikan Alaska for 7 years where the average rainfall is 160 inches. If you wanted to go shoot you should have. I always wondered why people moan about the rain but stand in the shower for 30 minutes? Rain is just water, learn to enjoy it. It also helps to have some Xtratuff boots and a good breathable rainsuit.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in Ketchikan Alaska for 7 years where the average rainfall is 160 inches. If you wanted to go shoot you should have. I always wondered why people moan about the rain but stand in the shower for 30 minutes? Rain is just water, learn to enjoy it. It also helps to have some Xtratuff boots and a good breathable rainsuit.

Lucky guy! Ketchikan is an awesome town. I spent a days there and then flew into Craig for 3 days of fishing. Best trip ever.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Near Sulphur it rained all day Saturday. We got 3 1/2 inches, unfortunately too slow to give needed runoff for the ponds. The deer were shaking like dogs--water flying everywhere. I was in a relatively dry blind with a small propane heater that is a requirement of my inner wuss, but the walk to and from the cabin, morning and evening, was really soggy.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sucked it up today…Rained the whole time but had the place to myself. Not too many days left to get out before the Run 'n Gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom