Dan Crenshaw podcast; Parasitic Minds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with his argument is that "evidence" to proclaim that violence is about to occur is too vague. If someone says I hate you and they own a gun, you can assume (I know, whatever) that a hate crime is going to occur and viola!, you have someone getting shot during an illegal seizure in the middle of the night. It creates a slippery slope when you start with the "but that's not what they meant". There needs to be clear cut yes or no. That's how laws are currently being used against people one side or the other doesn't agree with. He's got caught up in the money and when he got caught, tried to back peddle to save face.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am very disappointed with Crenshaw. I had hope that he would be the next great Republican President. However, I feel that he has revealed himself as a RINO with his stance on gun rights and other issues. We REALLY needed a President with an eye patch. And when he whipped out the trident glass eye, you know no one else in the world is going to give us any lip.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am very disappointed with Crenshaw. I had hope that he would be the next great Republican President. However, I feel that he has revealed himself as a RINO with his stance on gun rights and other issues. We REALLY needed a President with an eye patch. And when he whipped out the trident glass eye, you know no one else in the world is going to give us any lip.

I’m ready to dig up TR and clone him.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks for that.
From the standpoint of don't give an inch, I can see how this sounds bad.

The other side of what he says there is that due process with rigorous evidence requirements, and punishment for false accusations, should be included.

He said this should happen at the state level, not the fed. Of course the devil is in the details of any particular law.
He's been pro2A in just about ever other issue that I've found.

From the link:
These laws are confiscation via accusation, and not investigation. Now anyone can
make an accusation and remove someone's guns!

This is not true. An accusation alone would never be enough to confiscate weapons. Again,
conservatives should only support red flag laws if robust due process protections are in
place. Multiple points of clear and convincing evidence that a person is a threat, and
punishment for false accusations would be required as safeguards.

What about false reporting that could erroneously take peoples guns?
Penalties for false reporting will protect against this. This is a legitimate fear and must be
accounted for. Today’s world is a vitriolic place. Just because someone doesn’t like you for
your politics or whatever it may be, it doesn’t mean they can report you for no reason

Latest posts

Top Bottom