Decade Long Gun Control Rebellion by Americans in Wake of Brady Bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be sure a give the Findings portion of the article a good lookover.

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/06/13/...mericans-in-wake-of-brady-bill/#axzz1xk4qs8vJ
Decade Long Gun Control Rebellion by Americans in Wake of Brady Bill
Posted on June 13, 2012 byAmmoland
An analysis of trends in handgun manufacturing for domestic sales since implementation ofthe Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act.
By Charles J Blankenship

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like there is more to rising gun sales than just Obama and the Anti-2 Amendment Democrats.:ooh2::rotflmao::rotflmao:

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20120614-708987.html
June 14, 2012, 10:20 a.m. ET.U.S.
Gun Sales Rise Ahead of Election, But Surge May Last
By Corrie Driebusch

...""If Obama is not re-elected, I would expect gun sales to cool," said Jim Barrett, analyst at CL King & Associates. "Having said that, the gun population has dramatically increased and I would expect a certain portion of the new owners are getting into it as a sport or a hobby, regardless of the presidential election.""...

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think increased crime, a lot of young people not being taught responsibilities or respect, and too little deterrence has a lot to do with it also. Many have grown up with little supervision and no punishment for any thing they have done. Many keep themselves straight, but many others see no need and cause a lot of trouble that many of us do not want to put up with. Most people used to respect the rights of others, use common sense, and follow the law. That seems to be declining for a large segment of individuals. If you will not give it to me, I will take it from you seems to be the mentality of many, add that with increased drug use and it gets attention.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think increased crime, a lot of young people not being taught responsibilities or respect, and too little deterrence has a lot to do with it also. Many have grown up with little supervision and no punishment for any thing they have done. Many keep themselves straight, but many others see no need and cause a lot of trouble that many of us do not want to put up with. Most people used to respect the rights of others, use common sense, and follow the law. That seems to be declining for a large segment of individuals. If you will not give it to me, I will take it from you seems to be the mentality of many, add that with increased drug use and it gets attention.

I cannot say that it is an across the board thing, but for the most part(from what I've read/heard) is that the crime rate has gone down in most catagories. I think that the "thugs" are becoming aware of the fact that more & more people are arming/defending themselves. I don't think the Brady Law and all the gun grabbing laws past by the left had much(if any) effect on how criminals went about their "business" and committed their crimes. IMHO, these "thugs" are beginning to realize that they might become come the statistics instead of their intended victims.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think a lot has to do with the fact that gun ownership is becoming a cool factor just like everyone went out and bought a Harley a few years ago. I knew we had reached a tipping point when my very left leaning mother in law openly talked about getting something to CCW. I was pretty sure there was something about that as being a sign in the Book of Revelation but couldn’t find it LOL :)

For me that was the aha moment that this had gone main stream

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course! A "rebellion"...that had to be the explanation.

benfry.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2009_02_piratesarecool4.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom