December Practical Rifle Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Next Saturday, December 5th, is the regularly scheduled Practical Rifle Match at Oil Capital. If you have been thinking of attending but haven't yet, you are missing out on a lot of fun.
We will have 5 stages for the match. At least one of the stages will incorporate the use of pistols. Total round count will be 60 to 70 rounds for rifle and about 20 for pistol. Check in will commence at 0900, walk through will be at 0930 and we will be shooting by 1000. Cost for non-members is $12.
We will begin match set up at 0700, anyone who wants to help is welcome and very appreciated. Anyone who wants to practice using their rifles in a self-defense scenario will benefit from attending this match. If anyone has any questions about the match, please feel free to contact me. See You All There!
Dave

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next Saturday, December 5th, is the regularly scheduled Practical Rifle Match at Oil Capital. If you have been thinking of attending but haven't yet, you are missing out on a lot of fun.
We will have 5 stages for the match. At least one of the stages will incorporate the use of pistols. Total round count will be 60 to 70 rounds for rifle and about 20 for pistol. Check in will commence at 0900, walk through will be at 0930 and we will be shooting by 1000. Cost for non-members is $12.
We will begin match set up at 0700, anyone who wants to help is welcome and very appreciated. Anyone who wants to practice using their rifles in a self-defense scenario will benefit from attending this match. If anyone has any questions about the match, please feel free to contact me. See You All There!
Dave

I was going to come and watch, but now I think I may participate. Guess Ill see you there. ;)

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK total newbie, thinking I would like to shoot this. What are the equipment suggestions and limitations? No steel core, I am assuming?

Can I just shoot an AR and Glock on this?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just bring what you have. Lots of folks shoot Wolf, Brown Bear, mil-surp, etc. so I don't think ammo is an issue. All we shoot with the rifle is paper targets. About the only thing I would suggest for a 1st match is a sling for your rifle.

IOW just show up with what you have and you'll be fine. They are great about working with your equipment limitations and Dave doesn't want it to turn into an equipment race.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shadowrider is correct. IMHO the two must have items are a sling for the rifle and a holster for the pistol. Without the sling and holster the shooter will have to bag the weapons which will work but is not my preference. The most important thing is to come out and shoot and have a good time. I have an extra holster and double mag pouch for ful size m&p pistols if anyone needs them. You will also need a few magazines for each weapon, I also have extra ar mags if anyone wants to shoot but is short mags.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any safe ammo that is not tracer or incendiary is permitted at Oil Capital.

Steel core, "bullet attracts a magnet" and so forth present no problems at the OCR&GC facility.

Latest posts

Top Bottom