Deer blind rising

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
F26B424F-8085-4E51-9DAB-C8C7BFEE9AFD.jpeg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This post reminds me that I want to make a receiver hitch on the front and rear of my Camo Corolla.
I thought I could make a deer blind that slip fits together right over the top of my car.

Outriggers or scissor jacks right under the hitches to keep it from rocking in the wind.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This post reminds me that I want to make a receiver hitch on the front and rear of my Camo Corolla.
I thought I could make a deer blind that slip fits together right over the top of my car.

Outriggers or scissor jacks right under the hitches to keep it from rocking in the wind.

Ive actually seen a design like that. Guy out by the farm has a blind built over an old little pickup. He keeps it by the house in the summer, then drives it across the pasture before deer season. Pretty sure it’s not tagged or road worthy. Cool idea though.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m debating installing some cables with more anchors. Think they’re needed?

I doubt it, but I would probably do it anyway. Mine (four legs) has mobile home anchors at all four legs, and the lower cross braces sit on the ground. That's it. Mine is about twelve feet to the floor. I have pretty good timber providing a wind block to the south, and a little to the east, but nothing to the north or west. It's been up probably twelve to fifteen years, and still solid as a rock. (knock on wood) Very nice, BTW!

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like some sketchy chit right there. Why such a narrow base? Looks like a decent wind would cause havoc on that thing. I'd probably throw three deadman logs in the ground and run some sore of fencing wire or small cable to secure it a bit better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom