Deer Season 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
son and i are headed out for one more rifle hunt. fat juicy doe is on my hit list. my son has a buck and doe with his bow so he's just horn hunting.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4pm on the last day, I just couldn't pass this 6pt up. It's been about six years since my last harvest. 20141207_170802.jpg

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats Jeff. 6 years us a long wait. I think you were due.

Thanks. Between bad luck at the old place, then not having a lease for a couple years, then trying to get this one setup and learn the land with a sandpit on one side and drillers on the other, it's been awhile. I wasn't even going to go out yesterday cause things just were'nt looking very good. I've only been getting night pics at my feeder, and it's always the same doe and 2 fawns everytime. So I decided to try the ladder I put up last year with no food around, just a good trail that crosses the backside of my stand. Got in at about 2:30pm and sat sideways so I could watch the rear, turned back around about 4pm and there it was out in the open, quick look thru the binos, safety off and lights out. Broke the front left leg and hit a lung, he ran about 25yrds into the thick before he went quiet.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good call on changing up location, Jeff. The moon must have them screwy. As I was driving home, there were 2 doe bedded just off the road and 2 more browsing a few hundred yards down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom