Deer Season 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ended my 2014 season with this buck last Sunday night. I shot a nice doe about 2 minutes before he walked up so had 2 deer down at once. I shot 5 nice fat does, 1 button buck and this 8 pt through the season. 5 of my kills this year were with the bow and the other 2 with a .250 Savage M99. Best season I have ever had and got 6 of the deer on my own farms so it has been a really sweet year for me. Also putting in a pic of my father with his first archery kill last week. He is 77 yrs young. Still jogs most days and still flying his airplanes!

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ended my 2014 season with this buck last Sunday night. I shot a nice doe about 2 minutes before he walked up so had 2 deer down at once. I shot 5 nice fat does, 1 button buck and this 8 pt through the season. 5 of my kills this year were with the bow and the other 2 with a .250 Savage M99. Best season I have ever had and got 6 of the deer on my own farms so it has been a really sweet year for me. Also putting in a pic of my father with his first archery kill last week. He is 77 yrs young. Still jogs most days and still flying his airplanes!

wow great season! and nice bow you got there!

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Your dad looks familiar... congrats to both of you, sounds like a great season!
www.themoviescene.co.uk_reviews__img_3658_2.jpg

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seen about 30 deer this evening. Around 4:30 I seen about 4 does moving through the woods from north to south, they slowly passed by out of bow range, then behind them was about 4 small bucks, then 4 really nice bigger bucks. They all passed by together but eventually separated. After about 30 minutes the does went on further south and the bucks doubled back and headed north. They were about 100 yards away in the woods for a while and there were some really nice bucks! I could see their antlers shining in the sun in the woods. I tried every deer call I had and nothing would bring them in. They would just look my direction and then keep going about their business. Just before dark there were about 10 deer in the fields to the north of me and about 10 in the field to the south. No deer in the middle in the woods where my ladder stand is. uhg...

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn. It. I took off work this morning for 1 final chance...had 4 does show up at 8am around 50 yards. They were on a trail that would take them by me at 35 yards. As I stood, I reached for my rangefinder for whatever dumb reason. I knew the distance, but grabbed at it anyway. It was hung up on my stand and I quit focusing on the deer. I free it, look up, and have 4 pairs of eyes staring at me. I blew my final chance of the season because I felt the need to range a spot I knew the distance of already..........:nono2:

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn. It. I took off work this morning for 1 final chance...had 4 does show up at 8am around 50 yards. They were on a trail that would take them by me at 35 yards. As I stood, I reached for my rangefinder for whatever dumb reason. I knew the distance, but grabbed at it anyway. It was hung up on my stand and I quit focusing on the deer. I free it, look up, and have 4 pairs of eyes staring at me. I blew my final chance of the season because I felt the need to range a spot I knew the distance of already..........:nono2:

Dang it man....that sucks! I hate when I do something dumb that blows an opportunity on a deer, believe me...there have been a few. It's all part of it man....just sucks when it happens. I am done for the season, no buck for me this year. Have 3 doe in the freezer though. I had a pretty good year all in all, just couldn't get it done on a shooter buck. Have a couple of nice up & comers that I hope hang around till next year or the next.

Ignore the time/date stamp...it doesn't work on this camera

Had this buck inside 20 yards 4 times this year

And this one in bow range 2 or 3 times

And i cant wait to see what this little freak turns into...the little buck, not the fawn lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom