Deer Season 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My turkey population is growing too, and I hope it continues. I'm not much of a "turkey hunter", but I sure do like having them on the place and seeing them.

I don't know where they came from, but I saw a group of 4 in May and now have 28(+/-) in a couple game cam pictures. I hope the planting I'm planning to do will encourage them to hang around.

Time to start trapping bobcats and coyotes, since you've got two legged bait walking around now. They tend go hand and hand.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful evening tonight.

Man you got that right! Was glad to get one last night in the stand, even though it turned out to be pretty short. Had 5 does come in before I even got my safety harness buckled. Managed to get my release on (stupid velcro) without getting busted, but no way I could manage to pull my bow up. As soon as it got off the ground, it started spinning around, one look and they bolted. I was not too concerned, I had a great wind and figured they'd be back. 15 minutes later I hear footsteps in the dry leaves and here they come. One big fat doe, 4 other yearlings and fawns. Big momma got near broadside from me at 20 yards, so I sent one her way. She was gushing before her feet hit the ground. She crashed bout 40 yards away and was an easy recovery.
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_1_15_15_2.jpg

Okie commented last night on what a beautiful night it was, and it was. I sat there in the stand reminiscing about what a great season it was and enjoying the peace. I took a pic of the view of the lake from camp where I was cutting her up. Not a bit of wind, it was so peaceful you could feel it inside.
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_1_15_15_1.jpg

I know some of y'all had a rough season, but mine was quite the opposite. It was once in a lifetime. Don't think I could ever top it no matter what happens. I got to take my niece out for the first time ever and get her a nice buck. That to me could have been my entire season and I would be just as happy. She is still talking about our hunt and that makes me the richest man on earth, something neither of us will ever forget.
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_em.jpg

As if that wasn't good enough, I got to start out strong and took this one on opening day, biggest buck I had ever taken with a bow. Sorry for the repost.
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_10_1_14_sm.jpg

Night before muzzleload season started, the deer gods smiled upon me again and I was able to top my buck from opening day. I never posted him because I learned that unfortunately, there are some not nice people in the world. After my girlfriend posted the first buck on Facebook, it received some unwanted attention. Shortly thereafter, I caught headlights from trespassers on camera, had my locks glued shut, gate rammed down, all because of a stupid deer. I know some sorry ass, no good, poaching neighbors that I suspect had a hand in it. They can't stand it if someone else kills a big deer and they don't. They will cheat to do it by trespassing, spotlighting, or however else they have to do it, but they can't stand to see someone else be successful. Screw you neighbor, I did it twice. Legally. And with a bow. That is something I am very proud of.
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_10_24_14_sm.jpg

Awesome year, and I can't wait till next year!
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_end.jpg

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, r00s7a. That's a fantastic season! We all have our ups and down, and you definitely had a season that will be very hard to top. It's a shame that some people can't just be happy for others. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice, I'll be expecting one.

Me too....and I need you to find me some sheds this year to use for training my little yellow lab. A season of a lifetime no doubt Roosta. Congratulations again on two stud bucks and a freezer full of deer meat! Your niece is a really cool young lady as well...the OYH weekend was a blast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom