Deer Season 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
r00s7a a very big congrats on those two beast you shot. Your the man for taking your niece that's what hunting is all about. Not gluing locks ramming gates poaching spot lighting if those fools would spend less time being worthless people and put in the time scouting and on stand they might be successful also. And when you get those two monsters back from being made into key chains post their pics. Thanks for sharing pics never get tired of looking at big bucks and happy people

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a season r00s7a! Too bad you have to deal with bozo neighbors like that, but at least you can take pride in doing it right.

I had 6 does come in within 30 yards yesterday morning.......30 yards from my DUCK blind! I cussed myself for leaving the crossbow in the Jeep. Would've been a chip shot. To make it worse, we couldn't get any ducks to commit either. Another deer season without a deer, but that's how it goes. Maybe I should try gluing locks and ramming gates next season instead of spending time on the stand......;)

Congrats to everyone that filled their freezer on a great deer season!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice Roosta. Mechanical issues with my truck kept me home after opening weekend. I managed to get the second best deer of my life but would have loved to have gotten out more. I quail hunted wednesday instead of deer hunting. Didn't find the birds but got my fata$$ off the couch!
a very big congrats to all that got a deer and an even bigger one that took a kid out.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a picture this morning of a buck with only one side. Anyone else seeing them dropping already?

The buck pictured is a geriatric crumb hustler, so I'm pretty sure he didn't lose the side fighting.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Seen a little one run across the road this morning with both sides. See bucks every year through the end of February while trapping that will have both sides. I don't even start looking until the middle to end of March.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not far from Okie, and the dozen bucks I saw on Jan 14 all had full headgear with the exception of one, and it looked broken at the base. Clean break though.
Can't wait to see him in a couple of years. He was spindly, but if the side missing looked like the one remaining, he will be insanely wide.

ousoonerfan22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My SIL was hunting Spavinaw last week and had probably what would have been a shooter 8 pt walk through but he had already dropped one side then the next day he saw a large bodied buck walk by the stand that had shed both sides.

Latest posts

Top Bottom