Defensive Scenarios

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Been looking into some of this, really just got into shooting pistols so don't know a lot about these matches!! I do know I need some folks that know what the hell they are doing to school me LOL. Youtube will only take you so far.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Danny DeVito defense is highly underrated..

pALevuw.gif

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been looking into some of this, really just got into shooting pistols so don't know a lot about these matches!! I do know I need some folks that know what the hell they are doing to school me LOL. Youtube will only take you so far.

Attend a match with any semi pistol in 9MM to .45acp(99% use 9mm or .40) with a holster that covers the trigger and enough mags to shoot a 30 round stage with extra in case you miss.
Tell the match director you're a first time shooter, and they will give a range safety briefing with the other new shooters, and be assigned to a squad.
The squad leader will keep new shooters in the back of the rotation so you can see how every other shooter runs the stage.
New shooters are given a lot of slack with exception of safety rules. Those can't be compromised. I can't think of any shooter in competitions that hasn't been disqualified at least once for a safety violation. You take it as a learning experience, and most stay with the squad the rest of the day to help score and reset/tape targets. I've had two DQ's.
Look at the first few matches as a learning experience, knowing you're going to be near the bottom in scoring against those that have been doing this for awhile, and work your way up.
Start in Production division with a factory stock pistol, no mods and 10 rounds per mag. Won't take long to see you want in limited division with double stack mags loaded up to 20 in .40 or 24 in 9mm, and chasing the game starts.
Most shooters have obtained classifications through a membership in USPSA so they can follow their progress as their experience improves.
It's a fun game that really teaches you how to run your gun.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot a whole magazine out of Annie's glock(thought it was Dennis's, so don't anyone tell her) over the weekend!! No malfunctions what so ever! felt a little weird in the hand but other than that it was all good!

Haha! You could have shot it more if you wanted! I don't mind sharing! :hey3: I wish I could say I didn't have any malfunctions. LOL I'm getting pretty good at clearing them fairly quickly but I'd really rather my shoulders and arms get strong enough that I don't have that problem. :faint: One step at a time, I guess. That was the first time I've fired any 9mm ammo in more than a year. I know the doc told me I would have problems at first but I really didn't believe him. :lookaroun Imagine that ... :naughty::rotflmao:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ignored Member !! Don't know what is up with the name change (pretty good idea though LOL) but GOML was way better!! Besides you can get little blue pills to help with the ignored member issue!! Just saying, there is help for ya out there!

Latest posts

Top Bottom