Defensive Scenarios

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a scenario that I practice. One BG is advancing on you and is about four or five yards away, a weapon in his hand. You are concealing your own handgun.

Solve the problem.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Solve the problem.
Pull out the 'o poop whistle and blow it while regressing to a location of security... Oh wait, reach into your front pocket and grab the auto pen knife, press the release as the knife leaves your hand and impales the adversary.... OR, rip open the button down shirt and reveal the large "S" imprinted on my red and blue unitard..... OR, pull out your wammie and flam jam blast the foo...

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, because you will ingrain wrong behaviors.

I've shared my experience before so I won't bore anyone with the details again, but I've drawn my conceal carry on men TWICE. If I had not had the benefit of my experiences while shooting USPSA I would not have been a confident gun handler and I would have been more focused on my gun that what those men were doing. I very likely would have shot the guy the first time because he scared the beejeebus outta me and I would have had my finger on the trigger, NOT on the side of my gun like I learned while shooting under the pressure of the timer in competition.

There are two guys walking around out there who most likely would have eaten a bullet if I had not had USPSA competitions under my belt. Nobody had to say "Shooter Ready" for me to draw my gun on in instances where men I did not know were advancing on me and had NO BUSINESS doing so. This shooter WAS ready -- well except for that time my gun didn't have any bullets in it (Lesson No. 48754350498 -- do not shoot up all your ammo and then go downtown to check your PO box at 10 p.m. at night with the top down on your cute little convertible). But, the guy trying to get into my car didn't know that ... thank goodness he didn't call my bluff.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Annie, I'm proud of you.

Now, would anyone care to take a serious stab at solving the problem presented a couple of posts ago? Crappy scenario, I know. But not all of them are going to be fair.

Latest posts

Top Bottom