Defensive Scenarios

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
jump to post::

I think the best practice for defense carry is often overlooked and thats carrying in the comfort of your home... Even while in pajamas you will find me carrying a P32, only gun that allows me the option with clip to comfortably carry while milling about in PJ's...

Dont let your gaurd down while in your sanctuary is my motto...

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mentioned carry at work to an upper management fella who I know has his sda and he said no if something happens I can get my sidearm out of my truck in time

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only if the guy holding the gun on you inside will let you go outside.
That’s what I was thinking he already pissed one guy off and he sent text messages to another employee saying it was time to break out the machine guns and shotguns and come back and take care of the problem the authorities were called and they said they couldn’t do anything because he hadn’t actually done anything pretty f&$@?! Up

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mentioned carry at work to an upper management fella who I know has his sda and he said no if something happens I can get my sidearm out of my truck in time

LOL.... not to knock anyone but i used to carry Israeli style and swore it was the same as carrying chambered.... not so much

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a scenario that I practice. One BG is advancing on you and is about four or five yards away, a weapon in his hand. You are concealing your own handgun.

Solve the problem.
If the BG is that close and advancing, apparently you weren't aware of your surroundings. To heck with gun, better put some distance between you and Mr. BG. Your late to the party, if the BG has a club, your going to get hit, a knife, your going to get stuck. I don't think that you would time to clear the holster before he was on you.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the BG is that close and advancing, apparently you weren't aware of your surroundings. To heck with gun, better put some distance between you and Mr. BG. Your late to the party, if the BG has a club, your going to get hit, a knife, your going to get stuck. I don't think that you would time to clear the holster before he was on you.
Good point. And thank you for bringing this thread back. We can all use an occasional reminder.

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to watch the "Active Self Defense" videos on youtube for real-world scenarios. They get a little redundant at times, but it has reminded about the importance of varied draw techniques. Sometimes you may need to have a hand on the gun discretely and sometimes you need a quick draw and fire at very close distances.

I like to practice drawing and firing in different scenarios. I don't get too hung up on accuracy during these sessions, because as you can see form most of the videos, as soon as the first round goes off, everyone is in a duck and run mode. Very seldom do the turn into a gunfight or even an exchange of gunfire.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to watch the "Active Self Defense" videos on youtube for real-world scenarios. They get a little redundant at times, but it has reminded about the importance of varied draw techniques. Sometimes you may need to have a hand on the gun discretely and sometimes you need a quick draw and fire at very close distances.

I like to practice drawing and firing in different scenarios. I don't get too hung up on accuracy during these sessions, because as you can see form most of the videos, as soon as the first round goes off, everyone is in a duck and run mode. Very seldom do the turn into a gunfight or even an exchange of gunfire.
Good suggestion about using Active Self Defense videos but just the same, I still think I'd concentrate on accuracy. You don't want to shoot the wrong person.

Latest posts

Top Bottom