Did anyone see the snake go by in the sky, 5 mins ago?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 10.43.40 PM.png

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Starlink is pretty neat. It's in the early beta stages now, but reviews are good overall. Internet anywhere on earth. Not enough birds yet to provide a gaming type connection, latency spills from the satellite gaps, but good enough to stream and access most of the web. As they launch another 4000 into orbit, it'll only improve.

Wow!! Another 4000 objects in orbit around the earth?

Maybe we don't need to worry about meteors hitting the earth. All that stuff up there might just deflect meteors elsewhere.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Maybe we don't need to worry about meteors hitting the earth. All that stuff up there might just deflect meteors elsewhere.

The Forbes article I read said their plan was 12,000 satellites minimum and up to 40,000, possibly. Astronomers are complaining because they are obstructing their views of the sky, since they are apparently the brightest thing in the sky. And other satellite operators are concerned about collisions.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeah, space is a landfill these days. Worse yet, more than half of everything up there is junk, trash, and unused hardware just floating around making it tough to fly new stuff. Governments really failed to address this in the early days, and it's at a point where the job is too big to deal with.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neighbor told me today he seen a red/orange light in the sky behind my house and it had NO noise and went around the neighbors house then made a curved upward movement and jetted up and gone.

And that was in the evening..He seen 2 at different times that evening really close together.

The odd part was an AWAC plane that afternoon fly super low over the houses he could see the panels for the running gear.
Said you could not hit it with a base ball but it was stupid low like it just took off.
Reno and mustang road area.

Splain that! The plane went the same path as the red/orange orbs he seen.. but the AWAC was on that path a few hours earlier.

A former coworker told me he saw an orange glowing orb over his house years ago and then five minutes later six F-16 showed up over Sperry and the orb moved away off to the east. This guy is a 100% believer in extraterrestrial life.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I about lost my mind the first time I saw these, about a year ago I think? Practically foaming at the mouth! I was on the phone with my brother in Tuttle (I live in Edmond), we were both outside and saw them about the same time. I think I counted 30 in a row. My wife said she’s never seen me like that, lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom