Did I pay new price for a used 870 police?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

microsoftisevil

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my first post, so hello all. I figured this was a good place to ask about my new toy. Last night I picked up a new 870 police magnum, 18 inch barrel with rifle sights. I got it out of the box when I got home and noticed that the bolt face is fouled and also there is a brass streak on the floorplate. So, what are the odds that I was sold a gun that wasn't as new as advertised? It came from a big police supply store in Tulsa. Also noticed one of the pins that holds in the trigger assembly isn't hammered all the way in. Any thoughts? I am sure it's fine but I don't want to pay full price on something that is used. I just wasn't sure if maybe Remington test fires them and sends them out a little dirty. I didn't see if it was factory sealed because I was talking to someone about the surefire forends.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most every manufacturer test fires their product before shipping it out. None of them that I know of clean the gun after test firing. The pin could have shifted in transport.

If there are no wear marks on the action or signs of exterior use, it's more than likely new.

And welcome to the forum! :)

microsoftisevil

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the finish looks fine, I am thinking that Remington fires the heck out of the police model and then slaps them on the box. I cleaned it last night, and I have never seen such a fouled new gun. They must have ran at least 50 through it. Takedown was definately a chore. I didn't think I was going to be able to loosen the mag tube extension coupler without an act of Congress! I've got blisters to prove it too!

Thanks for the replies. I look forward to participating on this forum.

sajeantet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the finish looks fine, I am thinking that Remington fires the heck out of the police model and then slaps them on the box. I cleaned it last night, and I have never seen such a fouled new gun. They must have ran at least 50 through it. Takedown was definately a chore. I didn't think I was going to be able to loosen the mag tube extension coupler without an act of Congress! I've got blisters to prove it too!

Thanks for the replies. I look forward to participating on this forum.

I got the same gun last winter and mine had never been fired. I always take down my new guns and clean them before I first fire them and my gun was super clean. I to had to deal with the mag tube and it was a pain in the a$$ to get it off. I took it to h&h and they had to get a torch to it to get it off and said remington had put blue locktite on it. I called remington and got a new one shipped to me that had the coupling still unattached.

Latest posts

Top Bottom