Dillon 750XL replacing 650

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just heard yesterday that Dillon will be coming out with a new 750XL to take the place of the 650. What do those of you with 650's think? It looks like the 750 will have a primer system more like the 550. I'm gonna assume that the new primer system won't/can't be bought as an upgrade for the 650 or one would think Dillon would have just offered that instead of going to a new model. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps they thought a new model would sell more presses. Anyhow I kinda derailed another guys thread with this stuff so I thought it better to post a new thread. Whatchall think? Are they improving the 650 with the 750 or are they trying to sell more presses?
Oh, and I'm sure most of us know all those accessories like trays and casefeeder ain't included in the price. That's for some that may get confused. Anybody who gets a copy of the Blue Press knows how Dillon has that lil fine print below the pictures. Lol
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/dillon-to-announce-an-xl750.3984165/

IMG_5112.JPG

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter to me. I've got about everything you can add to a 650 on mine.

I haven’t had mine long enough to really get it totally figured out and running smooth, but I’m already “looking” at the Mr Bullet Feeder. That seems like it would really speed up the process, but on the other hand, I’m not trying to meet any quotas.
Truthfully, I only bought my loader so I’d be prepared in case the rest of the country followed CA’s lead on ammo restrictions.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t had mine long enough to really get it totally figured out and running smooth, but I’m already “looking” at the Mr Bullet Feeder. That seems like it would really speed up the process, but on the other hand, I’m not trying to meet any quotas.
Truthfully, I only bought my loader so I’d be prepared in case the rest of the country followed CA’s lead on ammo restrictions.

I’d forgotten about the bullet feeder. I don't have that either.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i bought 3 650 mods that made it almost perfect, roller bearings replacing normal 650 non bearing parts, then put the hornady powder drop on, had 2 of them tricked out the same way. didn't care for the primer system and i preferred using RCBS universal hand priming tool, also had a dedicated RCBS Summit as a dedicated deprimer to keep all that junk out of the press.

the ad seems to indicate they use roller bearings on some surfaces with the 750. what ever you get the roller handle is a must, the strong mount i considered a must as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom