Disguising the Draw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One major thing I took from this video is how the woman hid her draw from the bad guy.

Is this something we should add to our training regimen? How would any of you nice folks do this?

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very good post. She did have a child and an adult directly behind her target with the first two shots. She may have been too close to her target to actually see them. Glad it worked out well. She certainly was quick retrieving her firearm from her purse.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wondering, do you think she step into her shot because she could see the woman and child behind him and it was a split second decision so as not to miss and possibly hit one of the females?

Hawkman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, what a great video w/commentary to dissect! Thanks for posting @gerhard1 !

My $0.02 on OP's question:

I don't think we as shooters *need* to specifically practice super-concealed draws. Here's why, IMO if a shooter has solid drawing fundamentals and can draw (and shoot!) successfully at a quick pace, drawing slower should be no issue. Second, if a shooter possesses good mental acuity and awareness, moving slightly out of the way of a threat's line of sight while drawing his/her handgun should be very doable. I think practicing to draw/shoot on the move is more beneficial than practicing stealthy draws.

Again, great question! This is the stuff I enjoy talking about :-)

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You disguise your draw with speed, purpose of action, and getting off the “x”(ie side step or whatever). Where you carry on body adds to it.
Tom Givens teaches and preaches about this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom