Do I really need a bolt 22LR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simply put, do I need a bolt 22LR? I already have a Ruger 10/22 VLEH model and a smith and Wesson victory pistol. I love shooting my rimfire stuff. To you guys with a multitude of rimfire rifles, do you feel it is worth it/necessary? I’m considering the CZ if I were to buy a rim fire bolt gun.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Simply put, do I need a bolt 22LR? I already have a Ruger 10/22 VLEH model and a smith and Wesson victory pistol. I love shooting my rimfire stuff. To you guys with a multitude of rimfire rifles, do you feel it is worth it/necessary? I’m considering the CZ if I were to buy a rim fire bolt gun.

Yes

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suppose you want me to elaborate.......

I have semi-autos, bolt actions, and single shots. Tube fed and box magazine varieties. Some as old as the 1930's, some less than 10 years old, and everything in between. Currently working on acquiring a quality lever action and eventually want to get a pump.

With so many to chose from it never gets boring. Sometimes I enjoy the old single shot rifles just to keep a range session slow and relaxing. Other times I want the semi-auto to see how quickly I can hit the targets. Then there are times I'm going for distance and accuracy and the bolt actions tend to be better for that. There are days I want to shoot the old classics and other days I want something more modern.

With such a variety at hand, plinking never gets boring.

Latest posts

Top Bottom