Do not go to Little Joe's Boots in Oklahoma City (Packingtown)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you like knives and keeping your money.

I can't even remember who told me to go there, but holy crap I've not seen that selection of knives anywhere in Oklahoma (other than possibly Sooner State Knives).

They've got a ton of Case knives, and if you're into higher end traditionals, they've got Queen and Great Eastern Cutlery (all three brands). They've got some Buck, Schrade, and other cheaper traditionals as well, but when I was walking around the back room, I stumbled on to a case full of Chris Reeve, Microtech, and a few customs.

They've got a few Spydercos, benchmades, CRKTs, SOGs, and Byrd knives. Their prices were actually pretty good on most of the knives (within $5-$10 of online stores), with the occassional exception.

Their site doesn't have hardly anything on it, but it's here: http://littlejoesboots.org/

I walked out of there today with a Small Sebenza 21 (plain) and I honestly had a hard time even deciding on that - there were enough goodies in there that my head was spinning for a little while.

I wish they had more Spyderco, but being in Packingtown - I can understand why they would want more traditional looking knives. The older (short) guy and the younger tall kid both were very knowledgeable and when i asked about some Al Mar knives, the kid said that he wished they carried Al Mar, but that they didn't (he knew all 3 of the models I was looking for).

He knew all of the Case knives very well and he knew both of the oddball GEC and Queen knives I was looking for.

Very nice place and I plan on visiting it every time I'm up that way (hopefully not spending what I did today).

Here's the Sebby (I posted it in another thread, but what the heck - crappy cell phone pic until I can get the camera out in some better lighting tomorrow):

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_2012_02_18_21_29_36_768.jpg

shelshy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on the Benza. A friend of mine has the matching "Lisa's Pick" from one of the months a few years back and he loves them.

Little Joe is a good, honest guy.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
owned more sebenzas than I care to count....never kept one of them.

I know man, but this one isn't like my old Striger SNG - I feel like I got more than I paid for on it and despite my hating pretty much everything about the CRK offerings before handling a small 21. I never understood why someone would want a plain-Jane Ti-slab knife, but everything about this thing is perfect. Lockup, ergos (for my medium-sized hands), fit/finish, edge-geometry, blade-shape, thumb-stud-placement, even the clip that I've heard so many complain about -it's all perfect.

This one already has some scratches because I always grab it for carry over the others - even the larger Spydies at this point (some of that is still the new-factor, but it is surprisingly an extremely well-designed knife).

BTW, you still have that SERE? When you come over this way, you have to bring it - I've yet to find a shop that has Al Mar in-stock so I can actually handle one before purchasing - I wish Little Joe's carried Al Mar - but then again, my wallet is glad that they don't.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
have you ever been to Knives & More at 33rd and north McArthur?

Yeah, been there more than a few times. He's got a decent selection, and ok prices, but as he has become famous for, his shop is a mess, his attitude has gotten worse. over the years, and he's not reliable on any dates he gives for ordering or sharpening (based on numerous reviews and the personal experience of someone I know, I would never have any knives sharpened there).

I fully appreciate that he's got medical problems, and that his schedule is sometimes erratic, but he doesn't do a lot to help his case in front of his customers.

Still, if he had a knife in-stock, and he was actually open, I'd buy from him without hesitation. I know he had a few CRKs in stock last time I was in there and I bought my two son's first pocket knives from him (Kershaw Scallions).

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, been there more than a few times. He's got a decent selection, and ok prices, but as he has become famous for, his shop is a mess, his attitude has gotten worse. over the years, and he's not reliable on any dates he gives for ordering or sharpening (based on numerous reviews and the personal experience of someone I know, I would never have any knives sharpened there).

I fully appreciate that he's got medical problems, and that his schedule is sometimes erratic, but he doesn't do a lot to help his case in front of his customers.

Still, if he had a knife in-stock, and he was actually open, I'd buy from him without hesitation. I know he had a few CRKs in stock last time I was in there and I bought my two son's first pocket knives from him (Kershaw Scallions).
didn't know about all that,haven't been there in about 4 years. as far as little joes i used to get my boots made there because of my big misshaped feet. when i ran a piece of steel through my eye he made me some custom leather eye patches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom