Do you carry with a round chambered?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you carry a semi-auto, do you have a round chambered?

• yes

Votes: 349 95.4%
  • no

Votes: 17 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I Just Got Onto My Dad About This The Other Day. He Handed Me His Glock In His Truck That He Carries. As I Was Inspecting It I Dropped The Mag And Slid The Slide Open To Eject The Round And To My Surprise There Was No Round In The Chamber.

I Asked Him Why And He Said He Would Chamber It When The Time Came. I Then Went Over The Average Self Defense Shooting Situations And How He Is Not Going To Have Time To Chamber A Round.

This Was In His Glock, He Does The Same Thing In His Para Ordinance 1911 As Well. No Round In The Chamber Plus The Safety Is On As Well.

So I Guess I Am Going To Be Buying Some Snap Caps And Doing Some Senarios With My Dad To Get My Point Across.

popo103

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope I don't open a can o' worms with this one, but I don't. I just feel that it's more likely (still unlikely) that an untrained person could non maliciously get there hands on my gun than it is likely that I need to use it. My brother and I both carry and we store our guns on top of the fridge when at someone else's house, since there are normally kids around.

I'm honestly thinking about switching to a revolver for carry, tho. In that case, the entire cylinder would be loaded.
Just curious, but if you felt the need to carry your weapon with you to your friends house why would you take it off around kids and put it where others could access it? Just my opinion but I carry a gun almost 24-7 and do so to be ready to defend myself, family, etc. It's accessible by me only. If/when the time comes I don't want to have to stumble through a house of screaming people to attempt to load, chamber a round and THEN have to locate the bad guy/s. My advice, practice gun safety, practice gun security, you will be much better served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom