Do you carry with a round chambered?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you carry a semi-auto, do you have a round chambered?

• yes

Votes: 349 95.4%
  • no

Votes: 17 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I started carrying a handgun, to be abolutely safe, I left the ammo locked up at home. As I became more familiar, I carried the ammo in my car. Now I am up to carrying it in the mag but keep it in my pocket. I hope to someday actually have it in the gun and if lucky, maybe even one in the chamber.

j/k
If I didn't carry condition 1 or 2 (depending on design), I wouldn't carry at all.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can't trust yourself by carrying with a chambered round, then you don't need a firearm. I wonder if these people who answered "No" hunt. If they do hunt, do they hunt with a chambered round?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can't trust yourself by carrying with a chambered round, then you don't need a firearm. I wonder if these people who answered "No" hunt. If they do hunt, do they hunt with a chambered round?

Suprisingly enough, some guided hunting operations will not allow a client to chamber a round until the game is spotted, and the order to load is given.
Needless to say, I would'nt waste my time there. I carry a chambered round hunting or carrying.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't carry with one in the chamber you are putting your life on the line...in a combat situation you are already behind the curve and need every little bit of time...life and death will be measured in milliseconds. I would go a step further and tell you that you even should carry extra ammo.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Without a doubt. When I put it on my waist I will double and triple check even if it came from the night stand after I removed it from my waist.

It is the same argument with a spare tire or filling up the gas tank before driving in bad weather......doesn't make sense to not be fully prepared at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom