Do you carry with a round chambered?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you carry a semi-auto, do you have a round chambered?

• yes

Votes: 349 95.4%
  • no

Votes: 17 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carry a wheelie, then you don't have to debate this question.

You would think that, but... On another forum, can't remember where now, someone posted that they carried a revolver with one empty. So his 5 shot revolver became 4 shots. The first trigger pull was a click and he practiced pulling the trigger twice for the first shot. His rationale was something about being paranoid that the gun would go off and he had kids, etc. The general consensus in response was that he probably shouldn't carry a gun.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think about the bad habits people create. Did I chamber a round? Am I carrying today without a round? Do I rack the slide when I draw?

Honestly, if a person does have to draw the last thing they need to worry about is if they have a round in the chamber.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Think about the bad habits people create. Did I chamber a round? Am I carrying today without a round? Do I rack the slide when I draw?

Honestly, if a person does have to draw the last thing they need to worry about is if they have a round in the chamber.

great points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom