Do you carry with a round chambered?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you carry a semi-auto, do you have a round chambered?

• yes

Votes: 349 95.4%
  • no

Votes: 17 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm showing my sister my conceal gun yesterday (a revolver) and pull it out, unload it and hand it to her. She looks at me with surprise and says, "you keep bullets in it!?"

"Nope, I just figure I'll tell the bad guy to wait a minute while I load the bullets from my pocket into the gun."

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm showing my sister my conceal gun yesterday (a revolver) and pull it out, unload it and hand it to her. She looks at me with surprise and says, "you keep bullets in it!?"

"Nope, I just figure I'll tell the bad guy to wait a minute while I load the bullets from my pocket into the gun."

LOL Yep Its a portable Boolit Holder:bolt:

Hooker

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here's my situation... My favorite carry is my M&P9c. I have 3 kids (4 and under) that I take care of daily. With my M&P on my hip, there are frequent times when my kids will give me a hug or bump into me, and my gun is pointing right at them. Considering the M&P's firing pin is 95% cocked before pulling the trigger, I believe that the M&P could light up a round in case of a mechanical part failure.

Would you hold a chambered M&P (or glock) up to your head and allow someone to whack it with a hammer or fist?

This brings up a very good point. Muzzle consciousness and discipline should be practiced whether gun is in holster or not. 99.999 percent of all gun accidents resulting in injury or death are caused by ignoring gun safety rule #1.
With so many folks getting their CCL it makes one wonder how many times a day you are getting swept by someone muzzle. Scary huh
We can't do much about other folks but we can heighten our own awareness
as to where our muzzle is pointing. Some might say that this is just being paranoid that their guns safeties are sufficient. If you rely on the guns safety you are obviously not using your primary safety. Your brain.
I hope it dose not sound like I'm preaching I don't mean to. But you know it never hurts to talk safety.

Pat

Woodcutter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My vote is for carrying with a round chambered if it is a firearm with a modern design containing a firing pin block safety, etc. If is is an older design like a Single Action Army, then, the hammer would rest on an empty chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom