Do you carry with one in the chamber?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you carry with a round chambered

• Yes, always no safety

Votes: 51 58.0%
  • Yes always with safety on

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • No round chambered

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • My carry gun is a revolver

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Gun has a manual safety but is not engaged

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why oh why are you commenting on it when it's finished?
Mind your own business and move along.

I am minding my own "business" by reminding people who insist on being hard headed and even somewhat rude to other members that they either need to play well with others or get on down the road. We can keep it up if you like but no more Mr. Unofficial here.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Round chambered, decocked, no safety. First shot double action, or if time permits thumb cocked for single action first shot.

Trained in the 60's to carry a 1911, round in chamber, hammer down, safety off. Thumb cock for first shot.

It was believed that the pistol was a secondary weapon and there would be time to cock the weapon for action.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1911 Condition One always no exceptions. Learned my lesson carrying a Springfield XDM and was in an attempted car jacking. My off hand was real busy and pointing empty gun did not have desired effect and the cretin was not aware it was not loaded. Did not care. It was somewhat effective when driven into offenders eye socket forcefully several times. Guy plead out to time served and entering a drug program

OK. I'm with @Snattlerake; I must be missing something or reading your post incorrectly. Your XDM was not loaded? Why?

Latest posts

Top Bottom