Do you have a Bug out Bag? What's in it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been thinking about making a mobile pack that I could survive on for three days if I needed to leave. I'm thinking, three days of clothing, and food, and something to make a shelter and firestarting. What do you all carry in yours? How heavy should they be?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a bag that has some first aid gear(gauze, surg. Pads, tape, scissors, kwik klot), plus channel locks, small prybar, duct tape, mini mag lite, knife and a bottle of water. Its usually in the truck. Im never far from the truck.

Honestly i cant think of a scenario here in Ok, where i would need to live out of a pack.

im not much of a bug outer, im too old n fat.

Kaw77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not all inclusive - but you get the idea:
Food, water, clothes, fire making , knives( fixed and folding), space blanket, T P, spare ammo, first aid essentials - including a how- to EMT manual,
Always in the back of my truck. Come Winter - I have another container of essentials - weather appropriate.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about making a mobile pack that I could survive on for three days if I needed to leave. I'm thinking, three days of clothing, and food, and something to make a shelter and firestarting. What do you all carry in yours? How heavy should they be?

Why do you feel you need 3 days of clothes? Are you really worried about clean ones when the SHTF? Undies and socks yes, full outfits no. How heavy do you want it to be? How much can you carry?

Tactical Tailor - Extended range operator pack
Gas mask pouch
[Broken External Image]
Main bag contains inflatable sleeping pad, jet boil, socks, undies, whiskey, food, paracord, poncho, fire starting stuff, sleeping bag liner, extra gas mask filter, etc.

Emdom - Wide load
[Broken External Image]
Contains flashlight, zipties, glowsticks, clif bars, pens, markers, bug repellent, etc.

Tactical Assault Gear - Utility mini pouch
[Broken External Image]
Contains Decon kit

HSGI - Modular EOD pouch
[Broken External Image]
Contains First aid kit

Grey Ghost Outlet Assault pack
[Broken External Image]
Clips to the outside of the main pack, holds firearms related items, another first aid kit/blowout kit, water bottle, and a couple of MRE's.

Marmot 2 man tent strapped to the bottom/stakes on the side.

It's pretty dang heavy and I still need to add some items. I also have a drybag with winter-ish items that I can just throw in depending on what time of year it is. It contains thermals, heavier wool socks, fleece garments, etc.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do you feel you need 3 days of clothes? Are you really worried about clean ones when the SHTF? Undies and socks yes, full outfits no. How heavy do you want it to be? How much can you carry?

Tactical Tailor - Extended range operator pack
Gas mask pouch

Main bag contains inflatable sleeping pad, jet boil, socks, undies, whiskey, food, paracord, poncho, fire starting stuff, sleeping bag liner, extra gas mask filter, etc.

Emdom - Wide load

Contains flashlight, zipties, glowsticks, clif bars, pens, markers, bug repellent, etc.

Tactical Assault Gear - Utility mini pouch

Contains Decon kit

HSGI - Modular EOD pouch

Contains First aid kit

Grey Ghost Outlet Assault pack

Clips to the outside of the main pack, holds firearms related items, another first aid kit/blowout kit, water bottle, and a couple of MRE's.

It's pretty dang heavy and I still need to add some items. I also have a drybag with winter-ish items that I can just throw in depending on what time of year it is. It contains thermals, heavier wool socks, fleece garments, etc.

Holy balls you don't have all that do you? I do agree that when the S hits the F I am not worried about clean clothes. Not even underwear. Socks are what concern me. You could get 4 days out of one pair of underwear easy.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been working on a couple of packs for me and the misses, a little much for a 3-day bag, more like a gotta go never coming back bag, hers just has the essentials for now, food water and first aid while mine is loaded with food water ammo a few hand tools and various gear.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy balls you don't have all that do you? I do agree that when the S hits the F I am not worried about clean clothes. Not even underwear. Socks are what concern me. You could get 4 days out of one pair of underwear easy.

It's kinda borderline between BOB and an INCH bag. It's a really nice pack, well balanced with some careful placement of items, and comfortable to carry with properly adjusted waist/shoulder straps. Doesn't feel as heavy as it is. Backwoods has really neato undies that are anti microbial and can be washed by hand and dry in no time at all. Well worth the few extra bucks.

http://www.backwoods.com/exofficio-mens-brief.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom